Selling Your Home
For most families, their home is their largest financial asset, and deciding to sell it is a big decision that involves a lot of preparation and work. When you're ready to sell it's important to have an experienced real estate professional handle the details involved in the successful sale of a home for top dollar.
As an experienced professional who has helped many Clayton,Fuquay-Varina,Garner,Knightdale,Smithfield residents sell their homes, I know how to handle every aspect of the sales process - from strategically marketing and showcasing your home to making sure everything's signed, sealed and delivered by the closing date.
1. HIRE A REALTOR® to assist you with the entire process. Interview several to find the best! (Make sure one is The Tina Barletta Team!)
2. SPRUCE UP the outside to create curb appeal. Freshen beds, powerwash sidewalks & driveways. Ensure your Front Porch/Entryway gives a great first impression.
3. DECLUTTER! Eliminate excess furniture, clothes, knick-knacks, photos, clear counters… to make your home appear larger. Move excess to a Storage unit.
4. UPDATE THE INTERIOR as much as possible. Your REALTOR® can assist you in determining necessary updates. Neutralizing bold paint colors is a must.
5. ORGANIZE cabinets, closets, garage, storage areas…
6. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! Sparkling homes get noticed. Clean carpets, windows, everything…
7. MAKE MINOR REPAIRS like patching holes, leaky faucets, replacing lightbulbs.
8. ELIMINATING ANY ODORS is essential. Get rid of smoke and pet odors. Deodorizers are not sufficient. If your home has an odor, the buyer will just move on to the next home.
9. BE REALISTIC in pricing your home. Ensure it is based on current market value and not what you would like to sell it for. Overpriced homes do not get showings. (Call The Tina Barletta Team to get a free Market Analysis!)
10. BE PATIENT! Your hard work will eventually pay off but homes take longer to sell than in years past and showings can be few and far between. Keep your home in show-ready condition.
Providing you with comprehensive, high-quality listing service is my top priority. So when you decide to sell your home, please contact me and let's get started!
The following articles are a great place to start if you're looking for information about the sales process and how you can get more for your home when you decide to sell.
|The Basics of Marketing Your Home||How to Set a List Price for Your Home|
|Get Your House Ready to Show Buyers||Why Use a Realtor when Selling a Home|